Programmer (Network)Business Area / Division: Code
Rebellion Oxford is currently looking for an experienced Network Programmer to work on multiple AAA titles currently in development for all platforms.
This role includes developing and maintaining in-game networking, dedicated game servers and cloud-based backend services such as matchmaking, analytics and telemetry.
Minimum of 2 years’ experience in embedded C/C++, ideally in the games industry. Experience of using Playstation Network (PSN), Xbox LIVE, Steamworks and/or similar APIs for matchmaking, stats and leaderboards in online multiplayer games preferred. Experience of TCP and UDP socket programming and/or RESTful services in production code is preferred. Experience with cloud services such as AWS or Azure would be an advantage but is not required.
First class or 2:1 degree in Computer Science, Maths, Physics or other science-related subject would be preferred. Candidates with other degrees and those without higher academic qualifications are still encouraged to apply if they meet all of the experience criteria above.
- Write and develop network code for next generation consoles, desktop and mobile platforms
- Integrate with APIs such as Playstation Network, Xbox LIVE and Steamworks
- Develop and maintain cloud services
- Maintain existing code for multiplayer and online functionality
- General multiplayer game programming and testing
- General engine programming
- Strong C/C++ skills
- Knowledge of Playstation Network, Xbox LIVE and/or Steamworks APIs
- TCP and UDP socket programming
- Experience using or developing RESTful APIs
- Enthusiasm for games
- Knowledge of network configuration (e.g. firewalls and routing tables) would be an advantage
- Experience with AWS, Azure and/or the ELK stack would also be an advantage