QA Analyst (Contract)Business Area / Division: Other
Rebellion Oxford is now looking for experienced, enthusiastic and motivated Quality Assurance Analysts to join our existing internal QA team. We need testers who are passionate about games on all platforms to test our latest games for issues and report errors. Our QA team is responsible for testing on current and next-gen consoles, PC and mobile devices, ensuring all technical requirements are met and that our games achieve the best possible quality.
This role will initially be a 6 month full-time employed contract role (not freelance or agency) based in-house at our Oxford head-studio, however for the right person there are great prospects for this contract to be extended in future and/or to transition into a permanent in-house role. You must be able to legally work in the UK and available for extended hours when necessary.
We’re looking for people with at least 2 years’ experience testing mobile or current-generation game consoles. Ideally you will have experience in the full development cycle, from start to finish, and a broad knowledge of games in general.
- Find and/or reproduce bugs and defects in games and other interactive products, investigating and reporting on these and verifying fixes before games go live
- Follow test plans and test for functionality, performance, reliability, stability and compatibility with other systems, including rigorous testing during submission processes
- Maintain and update Rebellion bug databases, documenting test results accurately
- Create and maintain well defined test plans to meet functional and technical specifications
- Collaborate productively within larger multi-disciplined project team environments, working closely with development teams and external publisher QA to identify, report and recreate bugs, communicating ideas and issues clearly, to ensure highest quality outcomes
- Be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure, meeting multiple production objectives and deadlines
- Good understanding of game development and software testing methods
- Experience of using bug testing and tracking software, eg Mantis, DevTrack
- Competent PC user with confident report writing, spreadsheet and database skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Methodical with consistent excellent attention to detail, ability to remain focussed when approaching repetitive tasks
- Excellent initiative, self-motivation, organisational and problem solving skills, as well as teamworking and the ability to accept and follow direction
- A genuine passion for games of all genres and pushing quality as far as possible
- Technical experience and knowledge of current-gen TRC/TCR's would be an advantage