Mid-Senior Environment ArtistsBusiness Area / Division: Art
Rebellion is looking for experienced environment artists to join our team in Oxford. You will need to be passionate about creating spectacular and convincing environments for games, talented and highly-motivated, with a genuine interest in playing games.
This role is full-time based in-house at our Oxford studio, initially for approx 9 months on a temporary employed contract basis (not freelance or agency) but with the possibility of future extension and/or transition into a permanent in-house role. You must be able to legally work in the UK.
At least 3 years’ industry experience modelling, texturing and lighting game environments is required. Experience of a full console/PC production cycle, from beginning to end, on at least 1 published game would be preferred.
Please include a link to your portfolio of examples demonstrating outstanding visual and technical ability, high-resolution modelling in Max and/or Z-brush, and normal mapped game environments.
- Create models of 3D environments, map predefined textures, create new textures and light environments for Rebellion games
- Create artwork to the highest visual quality whilst working efficiently to time and memory budgets
- Work to a functional and aesthetic brief, within technical constraints
- Be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure
- Collaborate productively within a multi-disciplined team environment
- Work effectively and prioritise own tasks
- Expert ability with 3d Studio Max and Adobe Photoshop
- Create normal maps using 3ds Max, Photoshop, ZBrush or CrazyBump
- First-class texture creation skills including a comprehensive knowledge of multi-layered material/shader effects
- Model and texture both high and low polygon environments, including terrain, buildings and props
- Strong technical understanding of console limitations and knowledge of efficient artwork techniques
- Strong UV mapping skills with efficient layouts
- Strong understanding of form, composition, colour and light in environments and architecture
- Ideally able to demonstrate understanding of real-time lighting and HDR techniques and their application in games. Understanding of particle systems would also be an advantage
- Ability to translate concept and reference artwork into 3D game assets
- Good communication skills, willingness to accept and follow direction