Senior DesignerBusiness Area / Division: Design
Rebellion Oxford is looking for a Senior Designer to take leadership of key design aspects for our latest AAA title for current and upcoming platforms, to support the Lead Designer, push the quality bar and introduce innovative design. You must be self-driven, talented and passionate about creating and implementing compelling and fun games. A genuine interest in games and playing games of all types is essential.
You will be responsible for implementation and quality of key design aspects in the finished product and the day-to-day management and scheduling of particular project designers, reporting to the Lead Designer as well as collaborating with other Leads, project management and the Head of Creative. Our ideal candidate will be team focused, creative and motivated, provide strong and responsible leadership, mentor, support and inspire the design team.
This is a full-time role based in-house at our Oxford headquarters, on an initial 12 months employed contract basis (not freelance or agency). You must be able to legally work in the UK.
A minimum of 5 years’ game industry design experience is required along with the proven ability to design engaging game play experiences. 1 year in a senior design role would be preferred along with completing a full production cycle on a full retail published title.
- Inspiring and motivating the design team to achieve their best
- Planning, documentation and tracking of detailed games design effectively and efficiently
- Ensure feedback is assessed and incorporated into the design where appropriate
- Design and implementation, leveraging our in-house engine tools
- Understand and work within project requirements and constraints
- Work closely with development team and publishers to resolve issues as they arise
- Strong and responsible leadership
- Great understanding of game design fundamentals, technical and creative game mechanics
- Deep understanding of level design and its relationship with game mechanics and the player experience
- Responsive to deadlines and works well under pressure
- Excellent understanding of the game development process, including technical limitations and opportunities
- Collaborates productively within a multi-disciplined team environment, including artists and coders, communicate with both technical and non-technical staff across disciplines
- Resourceful, practical and self-critical thinker, with an analytical approach to game play