Programmer (Gameplay, Experienced)Business Area / Division: Code
Experienced gameplay programmers are called to join the Rebellion Oxford studio, to work on a brand new exclusive title based on our own successful IP. This unannounced title based on a popular and growing series is already being developed on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC – we want you to become part of the team! Our gameplay programmers are supported by Rebellion’s industry-leading bespoke multi-platform game engine Asura, custom tools suite and dedicated engine coders. There is also scope to transition into mobile or engine development in the future.
This role is full-time based in-house at our Oxford headquarters. We can consider permanent or contract employment but not freelance or agencies. You must be able to legally work in the UK.
Qualifications & Experience:
For Experienced Programmers we look for at least 2 years’ professional C++ games experience. Any experience with consoles, particularly PS4 or Xbox One will be an advantage. A strong academic background is also preferred with a 1st class or 2:1 degree in Computer Science, Maths, Physics or other science-related subject.
- Develop and implement new gameplay code, including features such as strategy, mechanics, logic, combat systems, AI, UI, audio code, etc
- Meet game design and technical requirements as well as internal coding standards
- Maintain and debug your own and existing code
- Write and maintain technical documentation
- Optimise code and data for memory usage and performance per console
- Identify and solve development obstacles or risks that arise
- Collaborate productively, communicating ideas and issues clearly across disciplines
- Be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure, meeting multiple production objectives and deadlines
- Excellent C/C++ skills at a professional level
- Ability to quickly familiarise yourself to work with a large existing codebase
- Ability to prototype as well as producing final code
- Strong debugging, profiling and optimising, system design and 3D math skills
- Good spoken and written communication skills, as well as teamworking with game developers from all disciplines across the project
- Excellent initiative, self-motivation, organisational and problem solving skills, with the ability to accept and follow direction
- Any knowledge of console, general games and/or multiplayer development, and/or development tools such as Visual Studio and Perforce/other version control systems would be an advantage
- A genuine interest in playing games