Programmer (Gameplay, Junior)Business Area / Division: Code
Would you like to join the Rebellion? Rebellion Oxford is looking for motivated junior gameplay programmers to join a large team already working on an unannounced PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC title. Join us to push our exclusive IP and this brand new title to new heights of success! Our gameplay programmers are supported by Rebellion’s industry-leading bespoke multi-platform game engine Asura, custom tools suite and dedicated engine coders. There is also scope to transition into mobile or engine development in the future.
This role is full-time based in-house at our Oxford headquarters. We can consider permanent or contract employment but not freelance or agencies. You must be able to legally work in the UK.
Qualifications & Experience:
1-2 years’ professional C++ games experience is needed for our current junior gameplay role (if you have some C++ experience but much less than 1 year then do check out our Code Entry-Level Trainee role instead). Any experience with consoles will be an advantage. A strong academic background is also preferred with a 1st class or 2:1 degree in Computer Science, Maths, Physics or other science-related subject.
Please provide a portfolio and/ or source code with your application.
- Develop and implement new gameplay code, including features such as strategy, mechanics, logic, combat systems, AI, UI, audio code, etc
- Meet game design and technical requirements as well as internal coding standards
- Maintain and debug your own and existing code
- Write and maintain technical documentation
- Optimise code and data for memory usage and performance per console
- Identify and solve development obstacles or risks that arise
- Collaborate productively, communicating ideas and issues clearly across disciplines
- Be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure, meeting multiple production objectives and deadlines
- Excellent C/C++ skills at a professional level
- Ability to quickly familiarise yourself to work with a large existing codebase
- Ability to prototype as well as producing final code
- Strong debugging, profiling and optimising, system design and 3D math skills
- Good spoken and written communication skills, as well as teamworking with game developers from all disciplines across the project
- Excellent initiative, self-motivation, organisational and problem solving skills, with the ability to accept and follow direction
- Any knowledge of console, general games and/or multiplayer development, and/or development tools such as Visual Studio and Perforce/other version control systems would be an advantage
- A genuine interest in playing games