Animator - Entry Level or Junior (Oxford, 6-12 month contract)Business Area / Division: Animation
Rebellion Oxford has space for 1 more entry-level Trainee or Junior Animator. This involves learning from our in-house animation team and gaining work-based experience on a specific project.
This role will initially be a 6-12 month full-time trainee or employed contract role (not freelance or agency) based in-house at our Oxford head-studio. We can in future consider extending the contract or making it permanent. You must be able to legally work in the UK.
No professional experience is necessary at entry-level as long as you have an animation degree and suitable showreel.
If you have 12 months or more games animation experience then we will consider you at junior level. For junior applicants a relevant degree is still an advantage.
A showreel showing convincing realistic human movement animations is essential so please include a link.
- Produce in-game animations to the highest standards of fidelity and style as demanded by the project
- Work with the animation team, demonstrating strong time management skills to ensure tasks are completed on schedule to required standard
- Work effectively with other team disciplines (Art, Design & Code) to ensure the animation process is responding to the demands of the project whilst maintaining its aesthetic quality
- Continuation of your technical knowledge, including adapting to new technologies and processes
- Excellent use of Maya, with outstanding animation skills demonstrating knowledge and application of weight, timing, pace, poses and storytelling
- Excellent initiative, self-motivation, communication, organisational and problem solving skills, as well as teamworking and the ability to accept and follow direction
- Genuine passion for games and animation, bringing characters to life with realistic human and animal motion