Artist - VFX / Special EffectsBusiness Area / Division: Art
Rebellion Oxford is currently looking for a talented real-time Visual Effects Artist, passionate about creating spectacular and convincing special effects for our latest game projects.
The successful applicant will work in a team of dedicated VFX artists. Demonstrating strong aesthetic flair and vision, you will help bring our games to life whilst ensuring that technical compliance needs and project deadlines are met.
This is a permanent full-time role (not freelance or agency) based in-house at our Oxford headquarters. You must be able to legally work in the UK.
We are ideally looking for someone with game industry experience on a published title as a real-time VFX Artist, and would prefer experience of a full production cycle, from beginning to end. However for this role we will also be considering exceptionally talented junior or graduate applicants.
Please include a link to your portfolio of examples demonstrating outstanding visual and technical VFX ability.
- Create, design and implement real-time particle effects
- Ensure VFX work is of the best possible standard, technically correct and made to schedule
- Collaborate productively within a multi-disciplined game development team
- Suggest and promote improvements to our VFX systems and pipeline
- Excellent artistic ability and able react to constructive feedback
- Fluent in a range of 2d and 3d packages such as Photoshop, 3dSMax, Maya, FumeFX and Houdini
- Understanding of lighting, HDR, PBR, material setup
- Excellent initiative, self-motivation, communication, organisational and problem solving skills
- A genuine interest in playing games