GUI/UX DesignerBusiness Area / Division: Design
Rebellion Oxford are currently looking for an enthusiastic GUI/UX Designer devoted to building intuitive, cutting-edge user interface experiences for games on all current platforms. The successful applicant will understand the importance of usability and visual communication, be self-driven and talented, with a genuine interest in playing games.
This is a full-time role based in-house at our Oxford headquarters, on an initial 6-12 months employed contract basis (not freelance or agency). You must be able to legally work in the UK.
Please include a link to your portfolio of examples demonstrating outstanding technical ability and understanding of user interfaces.
Experience of implementing graphical user interfaces, awareness of best selling games and the graphical styles they employ. Some game industry experience is preferred but not essential, print or web-layout experience will also be considered.
- Work closely with a GUI Artist to design and implement 2D front-end game interfaces and in-game display HUDs
- Work closely with each project’s design team to ensure menus and interface reflect the overarching goals of the title in the most intuitive fashion
- Streamline and implement logical menu flow and function of interfaces
- Work with technical artists and tools programmers to improve efficiency of workflow
- Work to a functional and aesthetic brief within technical platform constraints/limitations and ensure publisher/platform compliancy
- Document processes and task tracking, with great attention to detail
- Research new tools, techniques and processes and how they can benefit Rebellion
- Collaborate productively within larger multi-disciplined project team environments, communicating ideas and issues clearly
- Work effectively with minimal levels of guidance, prioritising and scheduling your own work
- Be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure, meeting multiple production objectives and deadlines
- Great knowledge of flow and function of game interfaces, user interface design and game navigation
- Skilled in GUI design and layouts
- Knowledge of game engines and artist tools
- Detail-orientated with a logical, structured approach
- Excellent initiative, self-motivation, communication, organisational and problem solving skills, as well as team-working and the ability to accept and follow direction
- Ability to grasp new concepts and tools quickly
- Knowledge of Photoshop and/or Flash preferred but not essential
- An aesthetic eye with experience of layout, web-design, print or typography would be advantageous
- A genuine interest in playing games