Animator - Experienced/Senior (Oxford, 6-12 month contract)Business Area / Division: Animation
Rebellion Oxford needs another experienced Maya Animator to join our in-house animation team to work on one of our largest current unannounced projects. You will need to excel at convincing character animation and working as part of a team.
This role will initially be a 6-12 month full-time employed contract role (not freelance or agency) based in-house at our Oxford head-studio. We can in future consider extending the contract or making it permanent. You must be able to legally work in the UK.
We’re looking for a minimum of 2 years games animation experience. A relevant degree would also be preferred.
Please include a link to your showreel demonstrating outstanding visual and technical ability.
- Produce in-game animations to the highest standards of fidelity and style as demanded by the project
- Work with the animation team, demonstrating strong time management skills to ensure tasks are completed on schedule to required standard
- Work effectively with other team disciplines (Art, Design & Code) to ensure the animation process is responding to the demands of the project whilst maintaining its aesthetic quality
- Continuation of your technical knowledge, including adapting to new technologies and processes
- Excellent knowledge of animating using Maya, with outstanding animation skills demonstrating knowledge and application of weight, timing, pace, poses and storytelling
- Excellent understanding of how animation must work in harmony with the game design
- Fluent clean-up and use of motion capture data
- Excellent initiative, self-motivation, communication, organisational and problem solving skills, as well as teamworking and the ability to accept and follow direction
- Genuine passion for games and animation, bringing characters to life with realistic human and animal motion