Marketing Artist (6 month contract)Business Area / Division: Art
Rebellion Oxford is looking for a talented Marketing Artist to join our 2d art team. Your main focus will be on the creation of marketing materials to support our game titles from box art to screenshots, icons, feature artwork, web banners, interactive advertising and more. You will be confident in the creation and editing of 2d and 3d artwork.
This role is a 6 month full-time employed contract role (not freelance or agency), based in-house at our Oxford headquarters. You must be able to legally work in the UK.
Please include a link to your portfolio of appropriate work.
Qualifications & Experience:
A degree-level education and video games industry experience is preferred but not essential if you have an outstanding art portfolio. Any graphic design experience and/or experience in producing promotional 2D and 3D artwork in various styles suitable for games would be an advantage.
- Work closely with the 2d art team in the production of screenshots and promo artwork
- Work with the Head of Art and marketing team to produce 2d artwork for in-game use
- Create logos and key art for Rebellion’s forthcoming game titles
- Assist in creating printed materials including final box art, game manuals and online promotional imagery
- Collaborate productively, communicating ideas and issues clearly across disciplines
- Be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure
- Prioritise work against schedules and track assigned tasks
- Excellent artistic ability and Photoshop experience
- Strong 3dMax/Maya skills, able to improve 3D artwork to marketing standards for use in your 2D work
- Great understanding and use of composition and colour theory
- Ability to take the initiative and be highly disciplined to produce impeccable artwork
- Knowledge of graphic/visual/stylistic trends in art, film and games
- Excellent initiative, self-motivation, organisational and problem solving skills, as well as team-working and the ability to accept and follow direction
- A genuine interest in playing games
- Knowledge of web usability and the way people view, react to and interact with websites and online advertising would be an advantage
- Any of the following would also be an advantage – experience with other 2d packages such as Illustrator or InDesign, Flash use of ZBrush, After Effects, video editing, as well as photography and more traditional arts