QA Analyst - TRC Compliance (Oxford, 12 month contract)Business Area / Division: Other
Rebellion Oxford is looking for a Quality Assurance Analyst with current-gen Sony PlayStation TRC compliance experience. You will take a key role during submission processes, making sure our games meet technical platform requirements, as well as keeping an eye on compliance during development and taking part in general functionality and regression testing where needed. With multiple games in development at any time, including for consoles, PC and mobile devices, our internal QA team has a highly varied workload so we are looking for someone enthusiastic, motivated and passionate about games on all platforms, to ensure that all of Rebellion’s projects reach the best possible quality.
This role will initially be a 12 month full-time employed contract role (not freelance or agency) based in-house at our Oxford head-studio, however for the right person there are great prospects for this contract to be extended in future and/or to transition into a permanent in-house role. You must be able to legally work in the UK and available for extended hours when necessary.
We’re looking for people with at least 2 years’ experience testing current generation console games, who also have significant TRC compliance and submission experience. Ideally you will have experience in the full development cycle, from start to finish, and a broad knowledge of games in general.
• Rigorous compliance testing to ensure our games meet certification requirements before submission
• Create, maintain and follow well-defined compliance test plans, update documentation and run build verifications
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of certification requirements, documenting and communicating any changes internally with both QA staff and development teams whose projects may be impacted
• Find and/or reproduce general bugs and defects in games and other interactive products, investigating and reporting on these and verifying fixes before games go live, following other test plans, maintaining Rebellion’s bug databases and documenting test results accurately
• Collaborate productively within larger multi-disciplined project team environments, working closely with development teams and external publisher QA to identify, report and recreate bugs, communicating ideas and issues clearly, to ensure highest quality outcomes
• Be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure, meeting multiple production objectives and deadlines
• Good technical knowledge and understanding of compliance testing and Sony PlayStation TRCs.
• Good understanding of game development and software testing methods
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to escalate relevant problems and adapt processes as needed
• Experience of using bug testing and tracking software, eg Mantis, DevTrack
• Competent PC user with confident report writing, spreadsheet and database skills
• Methodical with consistent excellent attention to detail, ability to remain focused when approaching repetitive tasks
• Excellent initiative, self-motivation, organisational and problem solving skills, as well as team-working and the ability to accept and follow direction
• A genuine passion for games of all genres and pushing quality as far as possible
• Any knowledge of Microsoft XRs would also be a bonus