Web Developer (PHP)Business Area / Division: Web
Rebellion Developments, a leading independent media and games company, are seeking motivated PHP Web Developers at all levels of experience (please specify at which level you are applying for). The successful applicants will be required to work with an existing team of developers, working with company requirements, deadlines, libraries and code. They will be expected to contribute to design processes, share ideas with the team leaders and members, produce high quality code and maintain existing and legacy code.
The roles are full-time, based in-house at our Oxford headquarters. We can consider permanent or in-house contract employment but not freelance or agencies. You must be able to legally work in the UK.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
For those applying for a Junior role, talented graduates who can demonstrate good knowledge and understanding of PHP programming and practices will be considered, but 1 year of professional experience of PHP programming is desirable.
For those applying for a more experienced level, we are looking for a minimum 3 years of professional experience and strong performance in our pre-interview test.
A strong academic background is also preferred, with a degree in computing, science, mathematics or similar or equivalent industry experience. Games industry experience is not required as this is not a games-development role.
You will be joining an existing development team to:
• Participate in the design and implementation of PHP websites, applications and services
• Maintain and improve legacy code
• Create and maintain new reusable company code libraries
• Work to deadlines whilst maintaining a high quality of coding, adhering to company coding standards and guidelines
• Communicate effectively with team members and other stakeholders
- Excellent PHP, MySQL and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge and experience of OOP and MVC frameworks (ideally Laravel)
- High self-motivation and initiative- taking
- Good communication and team-working skills
- Familiarity with use of IDEs, debugging, logging, automated testing (PHPUnit, TDD), and version control systems (Git, Perforce, SVN)
- Basic knowledge of linux OS and command line tools
NON-ESSENTIAL, BUT DESIRABLE SKILLS:
- Good knowledge of network protocols
- Linux server administration experience
- Experience of Agile development methods (Scrum, Kanban, DSDM)
- Experience working with and implementing 3rd party APIs (eg. Facebook)
- Front-end design flair