Animator - Lead (Oxford)Business Area / Division: Animation
Rebellion Oxford is seeking a Lead Animator to join our in house development team working on our latest video game projects. The successful candidate will head Rebellion's animation team ensuring that all aspects of game animation are pushed to the highest technical and aesthetic bar.
This role is full-time, based in-house at our Oxford headquarters. We can consider permanent or in-house contract employment but not freelance or agencies. You must be able to legally work in the UK
Only applications accompanied by a showreel/portfolio will be considered.
- 5+ years games industry experience
- At least one published AAA game title
- Use of motion capture
- Lead the animation team to make the best possible animations.
- To work with Technical Animators, Character Artists and Code teams to promote technical improvements that will deliver the highest calibre, most realistic animations.
- To lead other animators with best practice, process and training/mentoring.
- To keep abreast of latest technical advancements and knowledge and applying these lessons where possible.
- To oversee cutscene and marketing animations including facial animation, rigging and capture process.
- Excellent knowledge of animating using Maya, with outstanding animation skills demonstrating knowledge and application of weight, timing, pace, poses and storytelling
- Excellent understanding of how animation must work in harmony with the game design
- Fluent knowledge of working with Mo-cap. From shot lists, directing shoots and cleaning up final data.
- Excellent initiative, self-motivation, communication, organisational and problem solving skills, as well as teamworking and the ability to accept and follow direction
- Genuine passion for games and animation, bringing characters to life with realistic human and animal motion