Programmer (SDET)Business Area / Division: Code
Rebellion Oxford seeks a dedicated Software Development Engineer in Test to work closely with our QA department, developing test tools and automation solutions to help ensure our products meet and exceed performance expectations. We are looking for a programmer who is interested in test automation, improving processes and software quality, who is most importantly also passionate about games.
This role is full-time based in-house at our Oxford headquarters. We can consider permanent or contract employment but not freelance or agencies. You must be able to legally work in the UK.
Experience & Qualifications:
Ideally we are looking for someone who already has some SDET experience, building automated test software and creating robust, maintainable systems, so games industry specific experience would be an advantage but is not essential. We are also open to training up a graduate so if you know some C++, are dedicated, willing to learn and can show us your hobby programming, then feel free to apply even if you don’t yet have all the skills listed below. A strong academic background is preferred with a 1st class or 2:1 degree in Computer Science, Maths, Physics or other science-related subject, or equivalent professional experience.
- Develop and improve test automation solutions for the QA department
- Test for engine correctness (eg. make sure rendering test scenes don’t change from one day to the next)
- Tools programming, maintaining existing tools written in C++ and writing new ones
- Create high quality, flexible, maintainable code
- Analyse, communicate and interpret script results
- Improve continuous integration processes (eg. improving the use of CruiseControl.net and Jenkins)
- Research new tools, techniques and processes and how they can benefit Rebellion
- Good practical C++ knowledge
- Excellent use of continuous integration platforms such as Jenkins
- Strong debugging and problem-solving skills under pressure
- Knowledge of scripting languages (eg Perl, Lua, Python) would be useful
- Any knowledge of C# and tools development or using Perforce, Mantis or JIRA would be an advantage
- Any understanding of games development processes would also be beneficial
- Excellent initiative, self-motivation and organisational skills, able to collaborate productively within larger multi-disciplined project team environments, communicating ideas and issues clearly
- Great team-work and the ability to accept and follow direction
- A genuine interest in playing games