QA Analyst (Contract) - RuncornBusiness Area / Division: Other
We’re looking for 2 enthusiastic and motivated Junior-to-Experienced QA Analysts to join Rebellion Liverpool, testing our latest games for issues and report errors – apply if you are passionate about games on all platforms!
YOUR PRIOR EXPERIENCE:
- Experience of using bug testing and tracking software, eg Mantis, DevTrack would be useful, however no prior games testing experience is necessary for entry-level juniors
WHAT WE WANT YOU TO DO:
- Find and/or reproduce bugs and defects in games and other interactive products, investigating and reporting on these and verifying fixes before games go live
- Create, maintain and follow well defined test plans, testing for functionality, performance, reliability, stability and compatibility with other systems, including rigorous testing during submission processes
- Maintain and update Rebellion bug databases, documenting test results accurately
SKILLS YOU WILL BRING TO REBELLION:
- Competent PC user with confident report writing, spreadsheet and database skills
- Excellent teamwork, written and verbal communication skills
- Methodical with consistent excellent attention to detail and ability to remain focussed with repetitive tasks
- Self-motivated and responsive to deadlines, working well under pressure
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
Flexible start and finish times
Relaxed and friendly atmosphere
Access to our games and films library
Pension scheme and childcare vouchers
Rebellion Liverpool is now starting it’s own internal QA team, which will work closely with the existing Oxford-based QA Analysts to support development staff in both our Runcorn and Oxford studios. We will start with a small QA team of 3 staff in Runcorn but this may expand in future. Our QA department is responsible for testing on VR, current and next-gen consoles, PC and mobile devices – so our testers need to be passionate about games on all platforms, ensuring all technical requirements are met and that our games achieve the best possible quality. Rebellion’s long-established satellite studio in the north is based in Runcorn, near Liverpool and Manchester and consists of a small but close-knit development team of artists, coders and designers.
This role will initially be a 13 month full-time employed contract role (not freelance or agency) based in-house at our Runcorn studio, however for the right person there are great prospects for this contract to be extended in future and/or to transition into a permanent in-house role. You must be able to legally work in the UK and available for extended hours when necessary.