Character ArtistBusiness Area / Division: Art
Rebellion Oxford is looking for an Experienced/Senior Character Artist to make character models to the highest possible quality for Rebellions forthcoming game projects. Successful applicants will be artistically gifted, have great technical know-how and be highly motivated.
This role is full-time, based in-house at our Oxford headquarters. We can consider permanent or in-house contract employment but not freelance or agencies. You must be able to legally work in the UK
Experience & Qualifications:
At least 3 years’ industry experience designing and modelling characters is required – with experience of a full production cycle, from beginning to end, on at least 1 published game.
Only applications accompanied by a portfolio will be considered: Please include a link to your portfolio of examples demonstrating outstanding visual and technical ability.
- Create character artwork for in-game use to the highest visual quality whilst working efficiently to time and memory budgets.
- Create initial character designs with input from concept artwork and mood boards.
- Creation of character geometry through ZBrush sculpt to final ingame model, LOD models and skinning.
- Creation of character textures and materials - baking normals, UV-ing and generation of PBR textures.
- Oversee character artwork from out-source teams, giving feedback and guidance with assistance from Rebellion’s Out-Source Manager.
- Work to a functional and aesthetic brief, within technical constraints.
- Be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Collaborate productively within a multi-disciplined team environment.
- Work effectively and understand prioritisation.
- Excellent low poly modelling and skinning ability in either 3ds Max or Maya.
- Excellent knowledge of high poly sculpting in Zbrush or Mudbox.
- Excellent knowledge of PBR derived materials and textures from sources such as Substance Painter, Substance Designer and Quixel Suite.
- Knowledge of photogrammetry setup, photography and data processing is a distinct advantage.