Fiction PR and Digital Promotions CoordinatorBusiness Area / Division: Other
Do you love science fiction, fantasy, horror and all things genre fiction? Can’t stop shouting about your favourite authors? TBR pile groaning under the weight of books you can’t wait to read?
Rebellion Publishing, the award-winning international publisher of genre fiction, is seeking a Fiction PR and Digital Promotions Coordinator to join our team. This is an incredible opportunity for a dynamic, book-loving digital native to work on one of the most exciting lists in genre fiction.
- Work closely alongside our Publishing team to create and implement creative and targeted PR campaigns that deliver coverage and sales for Solaris and Abaddon titles.
- Extensive marketing copywriting, including press releases, advertisements, blogs etc.
- Oversee Rebellion’s digital promotions via Netgalley, BookBub and more.
- Manage our social media presence and expand our reach on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.
- Update the Rebellion website.
- Maintain our PR contacts database and look after publicity mailings.
- Provide feedback and marketing insight on cover designs, book descriptions and all marketing material.
- Represent Rebellion at conventions both in the UK and abroad.
- Organise events, including books launches, convention appearances, etc.
- Excellent standard of written English. Copywriting and proofreading ability a must.
- First class social media management.
- Good understanding of CMS
- Working knowledge of Photoshop or similar.
- Extremely well organised.
- Confident, outgoing and able to engage with readers, authors, and the sci-fi and fantasy community at large.
Qualifications & Experience
- Previous experience of the publishing industry – working for a publisher, as a book blogger/vlogger or similar, etc – is preferable but not essential.
- A degree in Marketing, English or an arts-related subject.
- A genuine passion for genre fiction is essential.