Programmer (UI System, Senior)Business Area / Division: Code
Rebellion Oxford is currently looking for an experienced programmer to work as part of the Tools & Core Technology team, supporting multiple AAA titles currently in development for the PS4, Xbox One and PC platforms.
This role is full-time permanent role based in-house at our Oxford headquarters. You must be able to legally work in the UK.
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced UI programmer to develop a leading-edge UI creation and scripting tool for front-end menus, in-game menus and in-game HUD aspects of AAA games. The ideal applicant will have at least 3 years’ experience working on large-scale codebases in C++. They will have created user interfaces and have an understanding of content creation workflow for game development.
A strong academic background is preferred (1st class or 2:1 degree in Computer Science, Maths, Physics, or other computing-related subject). Candidates with other degrees and those without higher academic qualifications are still encouraged to apply if they have the appropriate experience.
- Design, develop and maintain the UI tool
- Working with other team members to add new UI System features
- Assisting with planning and scheduling of UI tasks
- Strong C/C++ skills
- GUI creation
- Ability to write clear and maintainable code
- Comfortable working with a large existing code base
- Good communication with developers from all disciplines