HR AssistantBusiness Area / Division: Other
Rebellion are looking for a pro-active HR Assistant with great attention to detail to help in the day-to-day running of our HR department. Ideally with prior HR experience but we will consider an ambitious junior/apprentice with a willingness to learn.
As a games developer and publisher Rebellion is a creative and diverse company with a relaxed and friendly working atmosphere. We have a small in-house admin team including Finance, HR & Recruitment staff that support 200 other employees across 2 growing UK studios. No specific prior games industry experience is necessary but we do want someone who is looking for a long-term HR career in a non-corporate environment with a willingness to do whatever is needed to support all other staff to achieve their best. You will report to the HR Manager and work closely with them to improve performance, recruitment and retention at Rebellion.
This role will initially be a 13 month full-time employed contract role (freelance/agency staff will not be considered) based in-house at our Oxford head-studio. For the right person there are great prospects to transition into a permanent in-house role. You must be able to legally work in the UK.
- Ideally someone at graduate level or above who has already started their CIPD qualification process.
- Any professional HR admin experience would be an advantage.
- Effective and prompt administration of all aspects of day-to-day HR and documentation
- Provide HR advice and support to managers and employees
- Assist and support Recruitment Coordinator, including processing and calling applicants
- Assist and support HR Manager with more complex HR duties such as attendance and performance, and longer-term projects, implementing and reviewing HR policies and procedures
- General ad-hoc office tasks as needed, including reception duties, filing, health and safety, and assisting finance staff
- Organised with great attention to detail, able to prioritise and multi-task
- Professional and discrete, able to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Positive, helpful and approachable, able to inspire confidence and communicate well with staff at all levels
- Active interest in promoting a great working environment
- Competent PC user with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Any experience with HR systems (eg attendance, recruitment, etc) an advantage
- Any knowledge of employment law and HR practices an advantage