Video Editor, Senior / LeadBusiness Area / Division: Production
Rebellion Oxford is looking for a Senior Video Editor to lead our in-house Video team and produce exciting video content. Reporting to the Heads of Art and Creative you will take charge of video production from conception to delivery – including demos, cut-scenes and in-game work as well as promotional material for our websites and a weekly half-hour channel update for our marketing department.
This is a full-time role based in-house at our Oxford headquarters. We can consider both permanent or fixed-term employment but not freelance, agencies or remote working. You must be able to legally work in the UK.
Please include a link to your showreel demonstrating outstanding creative, visual and technical ability, preferably with notes on the project brief and work involved.
Games industry relevant experience is preferred but not essential if you have a proven professional video editing and production background, with experience of live filming, as well as leading projects and other editors. Hands-on camera work would be an advantage.
- Oversee all video related tasks within the development studio, running the video team, maintaining consistent vision and taking a hands-on role, including taking and/or directing high quality footage at events, video capture, editing and post-production support within the video team as required
- Create and work with development teams to generate content for in-game use, including video conversion for in-game use utilising specialist tools.
- Troubleshoot day-to-day issues involved with the integration of video into games
- Improve efficiency of video team, tools, pipelines and methods, staying up-to-date with changing technologies, quickly learning and implementing new skills to benefit Rebellion
- Work with key stakeholders, including publishers as well as internal team leads, contributing to good working relationships throughout Rebellion
- Drive consistent energy, enthusiasm and achievement within the team
- Perform well under pressure, ensuring deadlines, budgets and high quality standards are met, and supporting the team to do the same, for multiple projects in a fast-paced development environment.
- Creative vision and understanding of aesthetics, composition, light and framing in order to produce video footage of the highest calibre
- Excellent leadership, management and organisation skills, with great teamwork amongst your peers and other departments
- Excellent ability with Sony Vegas / Adobe Premiere / Adobe After Effects / Photoshop
- Excellent editing and compositing skills, including keying and knowledge of image capturing tools
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, particularly clear and accurate verbal and written language
- Knowledge and interest in live streaming, and/or knowledge of Twitch, YouTube and uStream.
- Self-confident and motivated, able to cope well and act decisively and sensitively under pressure
- Strong initiative and problem solving skills, able to troubleshoot and think outside the box
- A genuine interest in playing games and preferably some broad knowledge of the games industry