Junior IT TechnicianBusiness Area / Division: Other
Rebellion Oxford is now looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Junior IT Technician to join our existing IT team. In this role you will support staff and get involved in a variety of projects giving you the opportunity to develop skills and experience.
This role will initially be a 13 month full-time employed contract role (not freelance or agency) based in-house at our Oxford head-studio, however for the right person there are great prospects for this contract to be extended in future and/or to transition into a permanent in-house role. You must be able to legally work in the UK and available for extended hours when necessary.
You do not need to have experience in a working environment, but it may be advantageous.
• Setting up and configuring desktop and laptop computers (PC and Mac)
• Diagnosing and resolving technical issues
• Provide support to users, Desktop, Laptop and Printer infrastructure.
• Support Windows operating systems and Office packages
• Escalating IT issues where necessary
• Completing internal user moves including phones
• Patching of network and phones
• Creating and maintaining technical documentation
• Ensuring all logs for equipment, users and faults are maintained
• Liaising with suppliers to troubleshoot issues and arrange warranty returns
• Creating purchase requisitions for IT hardware/software
• Ensuring licensing for all software purchased is recorded and maintained
• Degree level qualification based on a technical discipline
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• Desktop hardware and ancillary hardware experience
• Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical users
• Attention to detail
• Enthusiastic quick learner