Audio DesignerBusiness Area / Division: Audio
Rebellion Oxford is currently looking for a Mid Level Audio Designer with a passion for sound effects and games audio. This is a rare opportunity to join a successful independent developer with our own in-house audio facilities and to learn directly from experienced audio designers. Tasks will include creating, refining and implementing audio assets for a cross platform title, as well as assisting on other projects in production as required.
This role is full-time based in-house at our Oxford studio. We are open to both permanent or fixed-term employment but not freelance, agencies or remote working. You must be able to legally work in the UK.
Two year’s game audio experience, and at least one finished product in a critical audio role, any experience producing sound for multiple target platforms, and any proven track record with AAA console products.
Please provide a showreel demonstrating your sound design talents (music content optional, please note that this is an audio/music editing/implementation role so would not suit someone solely interested in composing).
- Report to the audio lead and project producers regarding the sound design direction and audio-related requirements of the current game, technology requirements, resource issues, etc
- Design and create high quality audio assets for various in-house projects
- Perform sound format conversion, EQ, looping, mixing, adding DSP effects, normalization and sound balancing for in-game assets on multiple platforms
- Carry out audio dept operations; setting up, troubleshooting and maintaining equipment, archiving recorded material, engineering recording sessions, etc
- Keep up-to-date on current artistic and technical production trends in game audio and how they can benefit Rebellion
- Work effectively with minimal levels of guidance, prioritising and scheduling your own work
- Collaborate productively within multi-disciplined project team environments, communicating ideas and issues clearly
- Be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure, meeting multiple production objectives and deadlines
Skills & Attributes:
- Outstanding creative and technical audio production skills, strong attention to detail and excellent work ethic
- Excellent understanding of audio production, editing and mastering
- Very good understanding of EQ, dynamic range, compression techniques and multi-channel audio formats
- Experience with professional audio editing tools such as (or similar to) Reaper, Sound Forge, a wide range of plug ins, etc.
- Foley performance / recording / editing.
- Awesome Sound Effect design from raw assets.
- Excellent initiative, self-motivation, communication, organisational and problem solving skills, as well as team-working and the ability to accept and follow direction
- A genuine interest in playing games and a passion for audio in games
- An understanding of programming methods and conventions would be an advantage
- Voice recording / editing.