Artist - VFX (Lead)Business Area / Division: Art
Rebellion Oxford is currently looking for a Lead Visual Effects Artist, passionate about creating spectacular and convincing special effects for games. The successful applicant will be passionate, self-driven and talented, with a genuine interest in playing games.
Our Lead VFX Artist will lead and guide other VFX artists at Rebellion, demonstrating strong aesthetic flair and vision, and working closely with multiple project development teams to ensure technical compliance needs and project deadlines are met.
This role is full-time, based in-house at our Oxford headquarters. We can consider permanent or in-house contract employment but not freelance or agencies. You must be able to legally work in the UK
We’re looking for at least 3 years’ game industry experience, including at least 1 year as a VFX Artist, and would prefer experience of a full production cycle, from beginning to end, on at least 1 published game.
Please include a link to your portfolio of examples demonstrating outstanding visual and technical VFX ability.
- Ensure special effects across all Rebellion game projects meet technical compliance and schedule needs
- Work with other members of the VFX and Art teams to ensure that tasks are completed to their best possible standard by structuring time, tasks and giving constructive feedback
- Create, design and implement real-time particle effects using both static and animating 2D/3D elements, working to a functional and aesthetic brief, within technical constraints
- Suggest and promote improvements to our VFX systems and pipeline
- Collaborate productively within a multi-disciplined team environment, being responsive to deadlines and working well under pressure
- Multi-task to meet various production objectives for multiple projects in a fast-paced development environment.
- Excellent artistic ability and direction, with strong and responsible leadership
- Expert Adobe Photoshop ability with fluent knowledge of 3d Studio Max and/or Maya
- Expert-level of understanding for particle systems and post processing effects, with excellent understanding and implementation skills of in-game special effects
- 3D modelling and 2D particle texture creation skills
- Understanding of lighting and HDR an advantage, as well as any traditional art skills
- Excellent initiative, self-motivation, communication, organisational and problem solving skills
- A genuine interest in playing games