Junior Sound EditorBusiness Area / Division: Audio
Rebellion is currently looking for a Junior Sound Editor with a passion for sound recording and post-production for TV, film and video. This is a rare opportunity to join a successful independent studio with our own in-house audio-visual facilities. Responsibilities will include location and studio sound recording, post-production editing and mixing, and livestream sound. The successful candidate will also be expected to assist on other audio-related projects in production as required.
This role is full-time based in-house at our Oxford studio. We are open to both permanent or fixed-term employment but not freelance, agencies or remote working. You must be able to legally work in the UK.
Junior-level, internship, or work placement industry experience, of location and studio sound recording (specifically dialogue) & post-production sound editing / tracklay / mix.
Please provide a show reel demonstrating your post-production sound experience.
- Report to the audio lead and project producers regarding any required sound recording and editing work
- Record and edit high quality sound for various in-house projects; specifically broadcast quality dialogue, both on location and in the studio.
- Perform various sound editing treatments including; EQ, mixing, adding DSP effects, normalization and sound balancing, for syncing to video.
- Carry out audio department operations; setting up, troubleshooting and maintaining equipment, archiving recorded material, engineering recording sessions etc. On location and in studio.
- Keep up-to-date on current technical production trends in audio post-production, and how they can benefit Rebellion Productions
- Collaborate productively within multi-disciplined project team environments, communicating ideas and issues clearly
- Be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure, meeting multiple production objectives and deadlines
Skills & Attributes:
- Outstanding creative and technical sound recording and post-production skills, strong attention to detail and excellent work ethic
- Excellent understanding of high-quality sound recording (specifically dialogue), on location and in studio.
- Excellent understanding of high-quality post-production audio editing, processing, and mastering
- Very good understanding of EQ, dynamic range, compression techniques and multi-channel audio formats
- Experience with professional sound editing tools such as (or similar to) Reaper, Sound Forge, Pro Tools, and a wide range of plug ins, etc.
- Excellent initiative, self-motivation, communication, organisational and problem solving skills, as well as team-working and the ability to accept and follow direction
- A genuine interest in sound recording and editing for TV, film, and video