Lead Marketing ArtistBusiness Area / Division: Art
Rebellion Oxford is seeking an experienced, talented and enthusiastic hands-on Lead Marketing Artist to lead the marketing artists on all of our exciting new projects.
This is a truly exciting opportunity to have huge creative influence over forthcoming projects.
In addition to demonstrating strong aesthetic flare and vision, the successful candidate will also need to work closely with the development team, ensuring that artwork is supporting the design process, is technically compliant and is respecting the project’s schedules.
The Lead Marketing Artist will guide a dedicated team of marketing artists as well as having access to many more artists with other specialist skills and knowledge at Rebellion.
This role is full-time based in-house at our Oxford studio. We are open to both permanent or fixed-term employment but not freelance, agencies or remote working. You must be able to legally work in the UK.
At least 3 years’ games industry art experience is required including 1 year in a senior or lead role. Having completed a full production cycle on a published game title would be a bonus. Please include a link to your portfolio of examples demonstrating outstanding visual and technical ability.
- Overall responsibility for all marketing artwork
- Hands-on contribution to artwork
- Inspire and motivate the art team to achieve their best, driving artistic quality by example and successful team work, giving feedback and direction where needed
- Work closely with other disciplines of the development team to overcome issues and produce the best work
- Plan and structure tasks with efficiency
- Understand and work within project requirements and constraints
- Keep up to date with game artwork trends and influences
- Excellent artistic ability and direction, with strong and responsible leadership
- Highly experienced and knowledgeable in Photoshop and a 3d package such as 3dsMax or Maya
- Excellent understanding of all art aspects required for 3d games, including environments, characters, 2D/GUI and animation
- Good understanding of the game development process as a whole, including technical limitations and opportunities
- Ability to take the initiative, be highly disciplined and self-motivated
- Collaborate productively within a multi-disciplined team environment, including designers and coders, communicating with both technical and non-technical staff across disciplines
- Knowledge of other software such as ZBrush, After Effects, Illustrator, Video editing etc is a bonus
- Additional knowledge of traditional arts, photography, sculpting etc may further support your application
- A genuine interest in playing games