Senior Video Editor (Productions)Business Area / Division: Production
Rebellion Productions in Oxford is looking for a Senior Video Editor to work on exciting video content, reporting to the Senior Producer in our Film and TV department. This is not a role in Video Games.
This is a full-time role based in-house at our Oxford headquarters. We can consider both permanent or fixed-term employment but not freelance, agencies or remote working. You must be able to legally work in the UK.
Please include a link to your showreel demonstrating outstanding creative, visual and technical ability, preferably with notes on the project brief and work involved.
• Must have a proven professional video editing and production background.
• Experience of live location and studio based filming.
• A good understanding of cameras, digital and studio is needed.
• Film and TV industry relevant experience is preferred. (Commercials, corporate training videos, feature films, music videos, and television programmes).
• Oversee all video editing related tasks for the Production Company, maintaining consistent vision and working with the documentary director, including taking and/or directing high quality footage on location, video capture, editing and post-production support as required.
• Improve efficiency for the department, tools, pipelines and methods.
• Working to a brief, outline of footage and/or a shot list, script, or screenplay.
• Assembling all raw footage, with camera shots either recorded or transferred preparation.
• Inputting uncut rushes and sound, and synchronising and storing them into files on the computer.
• Digitally cutting the files to put together the sequence of the film and deciding what is usable.
• Creating a 'rough cut' (or assembly edit) of the programme/film and determining the exact cutting for the next and final stages.
• Reordering and fine-tuning the content to ensure the logical sequencing and smooth running of the film/video.
• Excellent ability with Sony Vegas/Adobe Premiere/Adobe After Effects/Photoshop.
• Excellent editing and compositing skills, including keying and knowledge of image capturing tools.
• Creative vision and understanding of aesthetics, composition, light and framing in order to produce video footage of the highest calibre.
• Clear and accurate verbal and written language.
• Knowledge and interest in live streaming, and/or knowledge of Twitch, YouTube and uStream.
• Self-confident and motivated, able to cope well and act decisively and sensitively under pressure.
• Excellent organisational skills, with great teamwork amongst your peers and other departments.
• Strong initiative and problem solving skills, able to troubleshoot and think outside the box.
• Perform well under pressure, ensuring deadlines, high quality standards are met, and supporting the production team.
• A genuine interest in all aspects of film and TV production.