GUI ArtistBusiness Area / Division: Art
Rebellion Oxford is currently looking for an enthusiastic GUI Artist devoted to creating stylish user interfaces. The successful applicant will have graphic design experience, be self-motivated and talented, with a genuine interest in playing games.
This role is full-time, based in-house at our Oxford headquarters. We can consider permanent or in-house contract employment but not freelance or agencies. You must be able to legally work in the UK.
Game industry experience is preferred but not essential but if you have graphic design experience including creating graphical user interfaces and an awareness of best selling games and the graphical styles they employ.
Please include a link to your portfolio of graphic design and user interface examples demonstrating outstanding visuals and creativity.
- Work closely with a GUI Designer to create art for 2D front-end game interfaces and in-game display HUDs
- Create both static and animating 2D elements
- Follow the Rebellion GUI creation process from concept through to completion
- Rapid creation of GUI artwork prototypes
- Work to a functional and aesthetic brief, adapting to different art styles and keeping consistency with the overall game style
- Prioritise work against schedules and track assigned tasks, being responsive to deadlines and working well under pressure
- Collaborate productively within larger multi-disciplined project team environments, communicating ideas and issues clearly·
- Should be proficient with the Adobe Create Suite of programmes: Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Skilled in GUI design and creation of graphic elements and animations
- Good core graphic design skills including layout, typography, font formats and colour
- Good understanding of composition and colour theory
- Good written and verbal communication skills, team working and willingness to accept and follow direction
- Ability to grasp new concepts and tools quickly
- Excellent initiative, self-motivation, organisational and problem solving skills
- A genuine interest in playing games