Lead Animator (Warwick)Business Area / Division: Animation
Rebellion Warwick is now hiring for a Lead Animator to work on our latest game projects, taking the most senior animation role in our expanding on-site animation team! You will be skilled in Maya, motion capture, keyframing and inspiring other animators. This lead role is also a practical one, so you will also excel at convincing character animation and teamwork as well as mentoring others. Training and support will also be available from the established animation team in our Oxford studio, including technical animators, and our own in-house engine programming team, who will work closely with your animators. Our current unannounced game projects across studios range from first-person shooters to strategy, from cutscenes to facial animation, on consoles, PC and VR.
This role is full-time, based in-house at our Warwick studio. We can consider permanent or in-house contract employment but not freelance or agencies. You must be able to legally work in the UK.
We’re looking for at least 4 years games animation experience, preferably including consoles, use of games engines such as Unreal/Unity and at least 1 released title worked in a senior or lead role. Whilst prior credited lead experience would be a bonus, we’re also willing to consider seniors ready to step-up to a lead level, for example having already taken some responsibility for key areas and other staff. Any experience with working with outsource partners, rigging, scripting or game design would be a bonus.
Please include a link to your showreel demonstrating outstanding visual and technical ability; examples of your ability to animate in a diversity of styles - realism, hyper realism and highly stylised - are highly desirable.
- Lead, support and inspire animators to achieve their best, driving artistic quality by example and successful team work
- Produce in-game animations to high standards of fidelity and style, within project requirements and constraints
- Demonstrate strong time management and constructive feedback skills to ensure tasks are completed on schedule and to the highest required standard, being responsive to deadlines and working well under pressure
- Work effectively with all other team disciplines (art, design, code, etc), both technical and non-technical staff, to ensure the animation process is responding to the demands of projects whilst maintaining its aesthetic quality
- Collaborate productively across studios and projects, as part of the overall Rebellion animation team
- Continuation of your technical knowledge, including promoting technical improvements and adapting to new technologies and processes
- Outsourcing point of contact for project animation, liaising with internal departments and external outsource studios to manage and provide working guidelines, task briefs and feedback
- Excellent character animation ability and direction, with strong and responsible leadership
- Fluent clean-up and use of motion capture data as well as strong keyframing capability
- Excellent knowledge of animating using Maya, with outstanding animation skills demonstrating knowledge and application of weight, timing, pace, poses and storytelling
- Great understanding technical limitations as well as opportunities, and how animation must work in harmony with the game design
- Excellent initiative, self-motivation, organisational and problem solving skills
- Great communication and teamworking skills, across disciplines and studios, with ability to accept and follow direction
- Genuine passion for games and animation, bringing characters to life with realistic human and animal motion