Social Media CoordinatorBusiness Area / Division: Other
Are you a football-obsessed, social-media savvy recent graduate looking to tackle an exciting challenge?
Rebellion has a rare opportunity to shape the social media strategy of one of the most iconic names in British football: Roy of the Rovers.
We’re looking for a creative Social Media Coordinator to manage all Roy of the Rovers social platforms ahead of the much-anticipated reboot of this beloved comic in later this year.
This is a fantastic chance for an energetic, football-loving social media addict to work with a much loved British brand.
This is a permanent, full time role based in Oxford, UK.
- Day to day management of all Roy of the Rovers social channels, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
- Create, optimize and post engaging video, picture and editorial content across all Roy of the Rovers social channels.
- Grow Roy of the Rovers’ social media reach and develop the voice of the brand online.
- Build relationships with influencers and engage with the football community.
- Ensure the Roy of the Rovers brand is consistent across all channels.
- Assist in the maintenance and uploading of content to the Roy of the Rovers website.
- Be the resident Roy of the Rovers social media expert.
- Assist with media buying campaigns for Facebook and other channels when required.
- Keep our social channels engaging and active around the clock (for example, during Premiership or World Cup fixtures).
- Stay up-to-date with social media trends, and experiment with new features/products/functionality.
- You must be a social media native, comfortable managing multiple accounts.
- Excellent standard of written English.
- Able to film, edit and upload video content.
- Some Photoshop or similar photo editing software experience.
- Good understanding of web CMS.
- Experience of using analytics to analyse and improve social performance.
- Extremely well organised.
- Confident, outgoing and eager to engage with Roy of the Rovers fans.
Qualifications & Experience
- Some social media management experience – for a sports media outlet, football club or similar – is desirable but not essential.
- A degree in marketing/communications/journalism or equivalent experience desired by not essential.
- A genuine, all-consuming passion for football is essential.