Animator - Entry Level or InternshipBusiness Area / Division: Animation
Rebellion offers a limited amount of internships and entry-level roles each year. Competition for places is fierce and we look for the best students who are passionate about games and excel in their field. We offer the chance to work with industry experts at one of our studios (Oxford, Runcorn, Warwick) who will guide and teach you how to contribute to making the best computer games.
Entry-level or intern animators will experience hands-on training in a large studio working alongside a diverse range of professional games animators. We are always looking for talented people to kick off their career at Rebellion.
Key to any application is a strong portfolio of work. Although degrees are valued indicators of ambition, standards and commitment, they are not an essential requirement for animators.
No professional experience is necessary at entry-level as long as you have an animation degree and suitable showreel.
If you have 12 months or more games animation experience then we will consider you at junior level. For junior applicants a relevant degree is still an advantage.
A showreel showing convincing realistic human movement animations is essential so please include a link.
- Produce in-game animations to the highest standards of fidelity and style as demanded by the project
- Work with the animation team, demonstrating strong time management skills to ensure tasks are completed on schedule to required standard
- Work effectively with other team disciplines (Art, Design & Code) to ensure the animation process is responding to the demands of the project whilst maintaining its aesthetic quality
- Continuation of your technical knowledge, including adapting to new technologies and processes
- Excellent use of Maya, with outstanding animation skills demonstrating knowledge and application of weight, timing, pace, poses and storytelling
- Excellent initiative, self-motivation, communication, organisational and problem solving skills, as well as teamworking and the ability to accept and follow direction
- Genuine passion for games and animation, bringing characters to life with realistic human and animal motion
Generally the longer your can spend at Rebellion the better, so that you can make the most of the training and start producing work of a high-enough quality that can actually be used in one of our games. However we can be flexible on timing of internships to suit term-times. We consider requests all year round but do bear in mind that we get most summer vacation internship requests in November and December of the previous year, so we start interviews for those in December and by January we have usually decided on all our summer places.
As a registered Tier 2 sponsor Rebellion can consider sponsorship for entry-level roles on a case-by-case basis where needed. For international students studying in the UK on a student visa, it is likely that you can work up to 20 hours a week in term-time and full-time in vacation periods, up to the end date of your course. However we would need to talk to you more about your individual visa to be sure.
Please apply below, indicating in your application form if you are looking for a fixed-term internship or an entry-level role.
As well as your CV and portfolio, please upload a cover letter letting us know:
1. Why did you choose to apply to Rebellion above other opportunities?
2. What would you be able to offer us during your time here?
3. What would you hope to gain from the internship?
4. Which of our games have you played and what did you like and dislike about them?
5. More info about any other experience you consider relevant, eg. hobby projects, previous work experience.