Technical AnimatorBusiness Area / Division: Animation
Rebellion have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Animator to work with our animation teams on exciting new game projects. You will be expected to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of animation systems since you will play a key role in the evolution of the animation pipeline.
This role is full-time, based in-house. If you are interested in other locations let us know in your application. We can consider permanent or in-house contract employment but not freelance or agencies. You must be able to legally work in the UK.
- Experience in video games or relevant transferrable technical animation experience.
- Technical Animation Demo Reel and / or portfolio.
- Good knowledge and expertise in Maya / Motion Builder
- Good MEL and Python experience (knowledge of PyMel and C++ would be an advantage)
- Use of Game Engines i.e. Unreal or proprietary would be an advantage
- Passion for animation and video games
- Work with the animation team to evolve and devise new animation solutions and pipelines
- Create character rigs and facial animation techniques
- Identify and address optimisations and efficiencies within the animation pipeline
- Collaborate with other discipline leads ensuring animation solutions meet the requirements of specific projects
- Share knowledge with internal and external teams
- Research new technologies, innovations and processes
- Proactively resolving technical animation issues