Server DeveloperBusiness Area / Division: Web
Rebellion Oxford is currently looking for an experienced Server Developer to work on backend systems for multiple AAA titles currently in development for multiple platforms. This role includes developing and maintaining cloud-based backend services such as matchmaking, analytics and telemetry.
The role is full-time, based in-house at our Oxford headquarters. We can consider permanent or in-house contract employment but not freelance or agencies. You must be able to legally work in the UK.
- Previous experience developing robust, scalable backend systems, ideally in the games industry.
- Experience of writing efficient RESTful services and TCP/UDP socket programming.
- Experience with cloud services such as AWS or Azure also an advantage but is not required.
First class or 2:1 degree in Computer Science, Maths, Physics or other science-related subject would be preferred. Candidates with other degrees and those without higher academic qualifications are still encouraged to apply if they meet all of the experience and skills criteria.
- Work as part of our web tech team and liaise with game engine programmers
- Develop and maintain server-side game services
- Monitor health and performance of features as they go live, debug and quickly resolve server and database issues on games in production
- Propose and assist in developing secure and robust backend service protocols
- Strong programming skills – PHP essential, C and C++ an advantage
- Experience with TCP and UDP socket programming and developing RESTful APIs
- Experience with MySQL/MariaDB, Redis, Memcache et al.
- Knowledge of network protocols, firewalls and routing
- Comfortable working knowledge of linux
- Enthusiasm for games
NON-ESSENTIAL, BUT DESIRABLE
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS, Google, etc)
- Experience with NAT traversal techniques
- Real-time multi-player coding experience