Facilities and Administration AssistantBusiness Area / Division: Other
As Facilities and Administration Assistant your role is to provide efficient administration support to the company and assist the Facilities and Administration Manager in ensuring that all buildings and facilities are maintained to enable staff and visitors to work safely and effectively.
Expectations and Essential Qualities
Below is a non-exhaustive list of the Company’s expectations for this role:
- Builds strong collaborative working relationships with all members of the team and with the wider studio, regardless of discipline or seniority.
- Ensures regularly communication and updates with their line manager, discussing any difficulties they are encountering or other worries they may have.
- To prioritise and manage numerous tasks for all buildings at any one time.
- To undertake other duties not specifically stated which from time to time are necessary without altering the nature or level of responsibility.
- To attend training courses as identified and agreed for appropriate development. These may be on the job training sessions.
Administration and Facilities
- Providing general administration support to the Facilities and Administration Manager, CXO’s and rest of the company
- Meet and greet all visitors
- Answering and transferring of incoming telephone calls
- Sorting and distribution of incoming and outgoing mail
- Arranging couriers, dealing with collections and deliveries when required
- Organising refreshment and restaurant bookings
- Maintaining office documents and databases
- General administration duties; photocopying, scanning, laminating, filing and taking minutes of meetings
- Checking and re-ordering of general office supplies (stationery, refreshments, tuck, health and safety)
You will also be expected to assist the Facilities and Administration Manager in the following areas:
- Dealing with facilities and maintenance issues within buildings
- Liaising with contractors
- Maintaining security systems and overseeing of keys holders and keys
- Purchasing of furniture
- Health and Safety compliance including monitoring, documenting and training requirements.
- Risk assessments – office, fire, working at height, young workers, lone workers and hearing
- Organisation of fire drills and fire marshals
- Maintenance of firefighting equipment
- Completing display screen assessments and dealing with any concerns
- Checking and maintaining accurate signage throughout the building
- Organisation of company social events